Sunday, October 21, 2012

Mowing the grass, other stuff

When my sister was here a few weeks ago, she volunteered to mow the grass, which was very overdue to be mowed in the midst of all the remodeling chores. The last time I tried to mow was many years ago, and it was more than I could do. I therefore tried to discourage her, telling her how strenuous/taxing it is to push the mower. But she did it with no problem! I then figured out that we have acquired a new mower that is self-propelled since those many years ago when it was so hard. Today I mowed both yards while Dennis sanded the bathroom walls. As soon as we paint in there, he can finish laying the tile in the shower and behind the tub, then we can grout, then we can move the tub and sink in and USE THE NEW BATHROOM!

In the meantime, fall has fell and I am getting ready to visit both families of our new grandchildren, first in Michigan, then in Colorado. I've just read the book called Wheat Belly and understand now more fully why wheat free works for me. Dennis did get the laundry room walls finished and painted yesterday, so we put up the cabinets in there before going to the symphony last night. In the second half, the symphony expertly played dramatic music from Romeo and Juliet ballet suites by Prokofiev interspersed with scenes from Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet performed by students from Richland High's drama dept. I was struck by how many of the lines from the classic balcony scene are now cliches in our everyday speech. It was impressive how they could deliver those lines without cracking up!

No comments: