Saturday, October 29, 2011

Memory filled quilt


Almost two years ago, I started collecting strip scraps to make a Log Cabin quilt, thinking it would be a baby quilt when done. When I finished it this fall, I realized there are memories connected with so many of the fabrics, I think I'll hold on to it. Here are some of the uses the fabrics were first bought for: a pillow for my Dad depicting his Covered Step brand, two dresses for me after Arthur was born that Mimi helped me chose fabric for, 4th of July prints she bought and gave me at that time that I used for her Sara's baby boy, Hanna's bridal quilt that Ellie and I made, the first dress Annie made, my blue and yellow era, fabric Ellie left me when she died, Grace Chavala's baby quilt.

Shasta promptly adopted it to sleep on but the rest of us here may all make use of it this winter to keep toasty when the cold winds blow.

3 comments:

orneryswife said...

Wow! Lots of memories there! Looks very nice and toasty!

Mrs. Miller said...

What a special quilt! It turned out beautifully.

annie laurie miller said...

Love it! I especially like the dark/light contrast within each block. Well done, Mom!