Monday, February 7, 2011

Swishers!

Just now, Arthur and I went out for a few minutes of basketball. We haven't been able to do it much lately due to weather, but it is a cloudy 52 today. My first shot went in, nothing but net. Arthur and I ran down the drive dribbling and back a few times and kept shooting baskets. In the next few minutes, in between missed baskets and some off the back board or rim, I made five swishers!

Why is this so astounding? Because just a few months ago I could barely make a basket! My strength had diminished so much I couldn't correct my shot for it. I could still hit the backboard, but hardly ever make a shot. Swishers were fond memories from high school, when I could make them from half court.

So today I am very thankful to be getting strong enough to be able to put the ball where I aim it! Praise the Lord! Arthur has a more energetic playmate now, which makes him happy too.

3 comments:

Heather@Cultivated Lives said...

I can just picture how excited Arthur must have been to get out and play. I'm also inspired. I played basketball in highschool, but when I was out shooting around with the boys, I was embarassed by how poorly I played... Looks like I need a little bit of practice! :)

Zach and Kaley Miller said...

Is this Chris or Dennis writing? I know you have both been getting stronger working out, and that you both play basket ball with Arthur at times. I would be impressed if it is Chris just because you could make a shot from half court in high school....... I've never been able to do that! Kids can keep you in shape if you let them. I notice myself watching Keziah dance all too often when I should be up dancing with her. Soon Zion will keep me running, kicking and throwing, I have no doubt.

Families of the Nations said...

You totally inspired me at Thanksgiving with your headstand against the wall-- abs of steel! This is Chris. I did not make half court shots in games in HS, just playing around.

Dennis never lost his ability to shoot like I did. However, he has been amazed of late to notice the bow of his legs lessening! We're going to have to measure him to see if he's regained some of his lost height!